KALAMAZOO, Mich. - Kalamazoo scored two unassisted first half goals that left the Adrian College women's soccer team still in search for its first win in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play after falling 3-0 at Kalamazoo on Tuesday night.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 3, Adrian 0
Location: Kalamazoo, Mich. (MacKenzie Field)
Records: Kalamazoo (6-2-1, 5-0-1), Adrian (2-5-1, 0-4-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Kalamazoo 2, Adrian 0
• Sarah George scored the first of Kalamazoo's two first half goals at the 19:23 mark.
• Emma Tardiff doubled the Hornet lead when she scored the second unassisted goal with just 1:04 remaining until halftime.
• Taylor O'Dell recorded the only shot on goal for the Bulldogs in the first half. That shot was saved by Kalamzoo goalkeeper Grace Smith.
Second Half: Kalamazoo 3, Adrian 0
• Tardiff would score her second goal of the match off the assist from teammate Elizabeth Clevenger with just under five minutes remaining to play to put the Hornets up 3-0.
• Kalamazoo's defense held Adrian to only one shot for the entire match, outshooting the Bulldogs 26-1 (13 of those shots were on goal)
• Adrian continues MIAA play on Saturday, September 24 on the road against Trine at 12:00 p.m. This will be the third game in a four game road trip for the Bulldogs.