ANGOLA, Ind. - Emily Theisen scored the lone goal in the game in the opening 10 minutes of the match to give Adrian its first win in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play.
"Today was probably our first 90 minute performance where all aspects of the game were performed at a high level," said Head Coach Ali Alamdari. "Trine is organized and difficult to break down, but we kept them under pressure and limited their ability to counter.
Final Score: Trine 0, Adrian 1
Location: Angola, Ind. (Weaver Field)
Records: Trine (2-5-2, 2-5), Adrian (3-5-1, 1-4-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First half: Trine 0, Adrian 1
• Adrian edged Trine in shots for the first half, 9-4 and the Bulldogs took the 1-0 lead into the locker rooms at half time.
• Adrian held Trine to just four shots in the first half.
Second half: Trine 0, Adrian 1
• Trine was held to just four shots again in the second half by a stingy Bulldog defense led by junior Hannah Schaefer and freshman Melissa Brick (the Thunder only had two shots on goal for the whole match).
• Adrian would finish the match with six shots on goal off 16 shot attempts.
• Theisen scored the lone goal of the game on her only shot on goal
• Wilcox and Fleming had the assists on the goal
• Senior goalkeeper Haley Barnes (W, 2-3) saved both shots she faced to earn the clean sheet, her second of the season.
• Kristen Reece and Marisa Robinett each had one shot on goal for the Thunder.
• Goalkeeper Kristina Veljovic (L, 2-5-2) made five saves and allowed one goal.
• Adrian will play its fourth straight MIAA road contest this Wednesday, September 28. The Bulldogs will face St. Mary's at 7:00 p.m.