OLIVET, Mich. - The Adrian College women's soccer team fell at Olivet 2-1 on Tuesday night. The Bulldogs had an own goal right at the 86 minute mark to give the Comets the 2-1 lead.
"This was a difficult result to swallow," says head coach Ali Alamdari. "We battled all game and dictated flow, but just couldn't find the game winner despite all the opportunities. To lose on a late deflection was pretty unfortunate, but we'll use it to motivate us as we hit this critical stretch over the next couple weeks.
Final Score: Olivet 2, Adrian 1
Location: Olivet, Mich. (Cutler Athletic Complex)
Record: Olivet (7-4-1, 5-3-1), Adrian (5-6-1, 3-5-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Olivet 1, Adrian 1
• Isabelle Leon scored off the pass from Maya Prewitt in the first minute of the game to give Olivet the 1-0 lead.
• Sofia Farah would knot the score up at one just 6:03 later, scoring an unassisted goal.
• Adrian had 15 shots (seven on goal) in the first half. Olivet had eight (four on goal).
Second Half: Olivet 2, Adrian 1
• The Bulldogs would continue to dictate play by outshooting the Comets 12-6 (5-2 in shots on goal). However, neither team was able to put the ball into the net.
• Adrian would break the tie for Olivet when the Bulldogs would score an own goal to give the Comets the 2-1 lead with just four minutes remaining in regulation.
• Haley Barnes saved six of the eight shots she faced.
• Farah was the lone goal scorer for Adrian.
• Mackenzie Wilcox and Farah both had eight shot attempts (five on goal), a game-high.
• Leon scored once and had a team-high two shots on goal for Olivet.
• Ashley Romanowski, Emma Essen, Abby Radcliffe, Emily Reinecke and Prewitt each tallied one shots on goal.
• Brooklyn Burel (W, 7-4-1) saved 10 of the 11 shots she faced.
• Adrian will stay on the road to play at Hope on Saturday, October 8 at 12:00 p.m. This will be the second game of a three game road trip.