ALMA, Mich. - The Adrian College women's soccer team faced a setback at Alma, losing 3-0 on Thursday night. The game was originally scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, however lightening forced a postponement.
Final Score: Alma 3, Adrian 0
Location: Alma, Michigan (Scotland Yard)
Records: Alma (5-3-3, 4-2-3), Adrian (5-7-1, 3-6-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Alma 0, Adrian 0
• Both defenses played tight as neither team was able to score in the first half.
• Each offense had chances in the first half as the teams tied in shot attempts (10) during the first half. Seven of Adrian's 10 shots were on goal. Alma recorded five shots on goal in the first half.
Second Half: Alma 3, Adrian 0
• Whitnee Foote would break the scoreless tie in the 70th minute, putting the ball in the net off the assist from Macayla Greiner to put the score at 1-0 in favor of the Scots.
• Lexi Moyer would double the Alma lead in the 82nd minute off the pass from teammate Ashley Bonam.
• Less than three minutes later, Greiner would get her second of assist of the day by setting up Jessica Burg to score the third and final goal of the game for the Scots.
• The Bulldogs recorded eight shots on goal but were unable to score.
• Goalkeeper Haley Barnes (L, 4-6-0) saved a career-high 14 of the 17 shots she faced.
• Moyer and Foote had a game-high four shots on goal each. Burg had three shots on goal.
• Goalkeeper Kelsey Postema (W, 6-3-3) saved all eight shots she faced in the game.
• Adrian returns home to host MIAA foe Calvin on Tuesday, October 18 at 7:00 p.m.