ALBION, Mich. - Caroline Fleming scored late in the second half to cut the Albion lead in half, 2-1, but the Bulldogs ran out of time before they could put the tying score up on the board.
Final Score: Albion 2, Adrian 1
Location: Albion, Mich.
Records: Adrian (7-11-1, 5-10-1), Albion (10-6-2, 9-6-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Albion 1, Adrian 0
• The Britons got on the board first in the 36th minute when Domenique Sarnecky scored an unassisted goal, 1-0.
• Both defenses were stingy as neither team was able to attempt many shots, both teams had two shots on goal for the half.
Second Half: Albion 2, Adrian 1
• The Briton lead would double in the first 10 minutes of the final half when Jenna Urso set up teammate Sarah Castellano for her first goal of the season, 2-0.
• Fleming scored an unassisted goal in the 79th minute to trim the Albion lead, 2-1.
• Both teams attempted more shots in the final stanza then they did in the first with Albion edging Adrian 3-2 in shots on goal.
• Fleming scored her second goal of the season to lead all freshman on the team in that category.
• Senior goalkeeper Haley Barnes (L, 6-8) saved three of the five shots faced.
• Goal scorers were Sarnecky and Castellano with one assist from Urso.
• Maggie Troost saved two of the three shots faced in net for the Britons. Cameron Schmidt made one save in relief.
• The season ends with the Bulldogs in 7th place in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association standings with a league record of 5-10-1 with a total of 16 points.
• The team finishes in the same spot in the standings as the 2015 season, but team 29 recorded two more wins than team 28.
• The offense greatly improved this season with total goals more than tripling from eight to 26. Three freshman scored goals for the Bulldogs this season, only one freshman scored a goal in 2015.