ALBION, Mich. - The Adrian College women's soccer team earned a 1-0 win over Albion on the road on Saturday afternoon. Caroline Fleming scored the game-winning goal for the Bulldogs, her first of the season.
Final Score: Adrian 1, Albion 0
Location: Albion, Michigan (Davis Athletics Complex)
Records: Adrian (10-4-2, 7-3-2 MIAA), Albion (7-5-1, 6-4-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Fleming put Adrian on the board in the 19th minute when she scored an unassisted goal, that goal would later become the game-winner at the end of regulation. The Bulldogs had the edge in shots, 6-3, going into the intermission. The Britons had two saves; Adrian had one.
Albion tallied nine shot attempts (2 on goal) in the second half; the Bulldogs tallied five shot attempts (2 on goal).
Adrian outshot Albion 12-11 and also had a 4-3 edge in shots on goal. The Bulldogs also had four corner kicks to the Britons two.
• Both shot attempts by Mya Oleksiak were on goal in the game.
• Mackenzie Wilcox had a team-high four shot attempts, one on goal.
• Fleming scored the lone goal in the game, a game-winner.
• Ayver Giller (W, 10-3-2) saved all three shots she faced in the game.
• Alex Radzville led the Britons with three shot attempts, one on goal.
• Emily Wolford and Molly Hancock each had two shot attempts.
• Mikaela Ray, Samantha LaRocca, and Radzville each tallied a shot on goal.
The Bulldogs will travel to face Olivet on Tuesday, October 24. Kickoff is set for 7:00 p.m., ET.