WOOSTER, Ohio – The Adrian College women's soccer team opened its season on Friday, August 31 against the College of Wooster, falling by a score of 3-1. Sophomore transfer Megan Louwers scored the Bulldogs' lone goal in her debut in the Black and Gold.
Final Score: Wooster 3, Adrian 1
Location: Wooster, Ohio (Carl Dale Field)
Records: Wooster 1-0 (0-0 NCAC), Adrian 0-1 (0-0 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Wooster got on the board first with a goal in the 33rd minute. Adrian was able to answer right away when Louwers found the back of the net from just outside the 18-yard box in the 38th minute with a laser of a volley to tie the match at one heading into the half. The Fighting Scots were able to net a quick goal in the 50th minute to start the second half and regain the lead. Despite pressure from the Bulldogs, they were unable to tie the game up, and Wooster tacked on a goal in the 85th minute to seal the deal.
The Fighting Scots just barely edged the Bulldogs on shots, coming away with a 10-9 advantage (7-5 on net). Adrian finished with more chances from corners, earning five against Wooster's two.
• Louwers scored the only goal and led the team with three shots and two on goal, the only Bulldog to register multiple shots.
• Junior goalkeeper Ayverie Giller made played all 90 minutes and made four stops in the contest, including a key breakaway save late in the game.
• Erica White and Devin Frisby each scored a goal and took three shots in the game.
• Mila Zunich also scored in the game.
• Goalkeeper Molly Hutter made four saves in the contest.
• "Credit to Wooster, we had a hot start but they brought a high level of intensity that neutralized our attack and put us on our heels with their first goal, but Megan had an incredible strike to pull us even going into half. We had a goal called back on a corner kick and then conceded the second goal shortly after, shifting the momentum and causing us to chase from that point on." - Head Coach Ali Alamdari
• "Wooster returned their entire team from last year and it showed. They were deep and in midseason form. They'll be a good team this year." - Head Coach Ali Alamdari
The Bulldogs continue their non-conference road trip tomorrow, September 1 when they travel to Grove City. The Wolverines finished last year in second place in the President's Athletic Conference, and were a semifinalist in the conference tournament.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs