ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College softball team fell to Siena Heights in both games of a Tuesday night doubleheader at the AC Softball Field. The Saints won the first game 7-4 after hitting a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the 7th-inning. Game two was a 9-1 win for Siena Heights after 6-innings. Ashley Lenington was 3-for-7 for the night in the losing effort.
Final Scores: Game 1: Siena Heights 7, Adrian 4; Game 2: Siena Heights 9, Adrian 1 (6-innings)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (AC Softball Field)
Records: Siena Heights (12-4), Adrian (2-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Siena had a 3-1 lead going into the sixth inning of game one.
• Paige Cubberly drilled a home run to center field to lead off the sixth for the Bulldogs and cut the Saints lead to one run, 3-2.
• Three batters later, Cubberly doubled to left scoring both Destiny Rogers and Shellman to give Adrian the 4-3 lead heading into the final half inning.
• With one out and the bases loaded, Kenya Keller hit a walk-off grand slam to steal a 7-4 win for Siena Heights.
• Adrian started off shaky in the second game, giving up seven runs in the first two innings to the Saints.
• The Bulldogs settled down for the next three innings, holding Siena to zero runs, however, the two-inning deficit was too much to overcome as the Saints scored two runs in the sixth inning to seal a 9-1 win.
• Lenington was 2-for-4 in game one.
• Cubberly was 2-for-2 with three RBIs in the opening game.
• Bryanna Collins hit a solo homerun in the first game as well.
• Lenington was 1-fo4-3 in the second game. She also scored the only run for Adrian in the first inning.
• Kenya Keller hit well all day. She started her day going 2-for-4 with a run and five RBIs in game one and followed that performance with a three-run, one RBI, and hitting 2-for-3 in the second game.
• Kyndle Wolfinger was 3-for-4 and 2-for-4 in the games. She scored two runs and two RBIs in game one. She also had two runs in the second game.
• Lindsay Brandon pitched for the Saints in the second game. She finished with four strikeouts and only allowed one run in 6.0 innings pitched.