ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College softball team fell 12-0 in game one and 4-1 in game two to St. Mary's College on Wednesday. Jaime Lightner was 2-for-4 for the entire day to lead the Bulldogs in the losing effort.
Final Scores: GAME ONE: St. Mary's 12, Adrian 0 - Final 5 Innings; GAME TWO: St. Mary's 4, Adrian 1
Location: Adrian, Michigan (AC Softball Field)
Records: St. Mary's (18-8, 10-0 MIAA), Adrian (7-17, 2-4 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game one: St. Mary's 12, Adrian 0 (5-Innings)
• St. Mary's used a big 12-run, 4th-inning to close out game one against Adrian.
• Makenzie Duncan, Caitlyn Migawa, and Morgan Raymer each scored two runs for the Belles. Duncan and Migawa also tallied two RBIs.
Game two: St. Mary's 4, Adrian 1
• Adrian took an early 1-0 lead after Krista Lynch (1-3, RBI) hit a solo home run over the left-center field wall in the second inning.
• St. Mary's would respond, scoring two runs in the third and two in the sixth to pull out the 4-1 win in game two.
• Lightner and Paige Cubberly each tallied two hits in game two to lead the Bulldogs.
• Lynch had Adrian's only RBI of the day off her game two home run.
• Kaitlin Lock (L, 2-7) started in the circle for the Bulldogs in game two. She pitched six innings and allowed four runs on nine hits and struck out five batters.
• Duncan, Migawa, and Alyssa Gutierrez each had two hits and two RBIs in game one for the Belles.
• Morgan Raymer (W, 9-3) pitched both games for St. Mary's. She pitched four innings in game one, only allowing two hits while striking out four batters. She pitched all seven innings of game two, allowing six hits, one run, and a home run while striking out four batters.
• Jamie Young recorded three hits in game two to lead the Belles offensively.
• Adrian travels to face Cleary on Friday, April 14 in a doubleheader. Game one is scheduled to begin at 2:00 p.m. with game two following shortly after.