ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College softball team swept Albion in its Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) home doubleheader on Friday. The Bulldogs won game one 5-1 before cruising to a 12-0 win in five innings for game two. Chelsea Shellman led Adrian with four hits and four RBIs on the day.
Finals Scores: GAME ONE: Adrian 5, Albion 1; GAME TWO: Adrian 12, Albion 0 - Final/5-Innings
Location: Adrian, Michigan (AC Softball Field)
Records: Adrian (12-20, 5-5 MIAA), Albion (7-23, 1-11 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Albion jumped out to a 1-0 lead with two outs in the first inning when Rebecca Rodriquez singled up the middle to score Kara Suwarsky.
• Van't Land would score again in the fourth to put Adrian up 3-1.
• The final two runs by the Bulldogs were scored in the sixth. Van't Land scored for a third time off a Shellman double to left center. Shellman would score on Kallie Derrer's double to left center the very next play to put the score at 5-1, Adrian.
• The Bulldog bats came out hot in game two as Adrian tallied eight runs on five hits in the first.
• The score would increase to 10-0 in the second when Shellman singled up the middle to score both Bryanna Collins and Van't Land.
• Krista Lynch singled to left field in the fourth to score Van't Land and Collins for the final two runs for the day.
• Van't Land (4-for-5, 5 runs, 1 RBI) and Shellman (4-for-5, 2 runs, 4 RBIs) led the Bulldogs with four hits.
• Collins tallied three hits in game two that allowed her to score three runs and one RBI.
• Paige Cubberly (W, 6-3) pitched all seven innings in the first game. She allowed six hits, one run, and struck out two batters.
• Kaitlin Lock (W, 4-8) pitched game two for the Bulldogs. She allowed only one hit and struck out four batters.
• Rebecca Rodriguez led the Britons in game one with two hits and a RBI.
• Ashley Witkowski, Mackenzie Fairbanks, and Savannah Spring each tallied a hit in game one.
• Angela Hoffsis had the only hit for the Britons in game two.
• Adrian hosts Olivet on Saturday, April 22 for "Senior Day." Game one is set to begin at 1:00 p.m. with game two to follow shortly after the conclusion of game one.