ALMA, Mich. - The Adrian College softball team lost both games of an MIAA doubleheader at Alma on Thursday afternoon. Bryanna Collins led the Bulldogs, batting 1-for-3 and scoring the day's only run for Adrian in game one.
Final Scores: GAME ONE: Alma 5, Adrian 1; GAME TWO: Alma 1, Adrian 0
Location: Alma, Michigan (Scot's Park)
Records: Alma (24-6, 13-1 MIAA), Adrian (12-24, 5-9 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian took an early 1-0 lead in the second inning when Krista Lynch reached on a fielder's choice that scored Collins.
• Alma tied the game in the third inning off an Anna Couture double to center field.
• The lead wouldn't change until the fifth when Danielle Service doubled to left center with the bases loaded, scoring Katie Long, Chelsea Schweiger, and Couture.
• The final run was scored in the sixth to put the final score of game one at 5-1, Scots.
• The only run in the second game came off a home run from Service in the second inning.
• Kaitlin Lock (L, 4-9) pitched all seven innings in game two while allowing seven hits and only one run. She also struck out seven batters.
• Couture, Schweiger, Service, Tervilliger, and Lee each had three hits on the day for Alma.
• Service tallied four RBIs for the Scots.
• Morgan Stratton (W, 15-2) pitched a complete game in game one while allowing three hits and one run. She struck out 12 batters in the game.
• The Bulldogs will wrap up the regular season on the road at Trine on Saturday, April 29. Game one is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m.