ALBION, MICH. -- The Adrian College softball team earned two Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) wins with a sweep of Albion on the road on Friday afternoon. Adrian shutout the Britons in game one to earn a 2-0 win before using a two-run 6th-inning to pull ahead for a 6-4 victory in the nightcap.
Final Scores: Game 1: Adrian 2, Albion 0 | Game 2: Adrian 6, Albion 4
Location: Albion, Michigan (Dempsey Field)
Records: Adrian (12-16, 4-4 MIAA), Albion (8-22, 0-8 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game One: Adrian def. Albion, 2-0
Game Two: Adrian def. Albion, 6-4
The Britons took an early 2-0 lead at the conclusion of the 1st-inning. Courtney Young (Lansing, Mich.) singled to center field to score Alaina Macksoud (Clinton, Mich.) to cut the Albion lead to one run.
The Britons pushed the lead to 4-1 in the 4th-inning off a two-RBI triple to center field.
Van't Land tripled in the bottom half of the 4th-inning to score both Paige Cubberly (Toledo, Ohio) and Young to put the score at 4-3, Albion. Jaime Lightner (Eaton Rapids, Mich.) singled to center to score Van't Land and tie the game at four runs each.
Lightner and Madison Budde (Novi, Mich.) scored as the result of an error by Albion, giving the Bulldogs the 6-4 lead in the 6th-inning.
• Van't Land (2-for-3) was the only hitter in the game to achieve two hits. She also scored the opening run.
• Hope Kapelanski (Novi, Mich.) (1-for-1), Lightner, Collins, and D. Rogers each tallied a hit. Collins registered the lone RBI of the game.
• Young (2-for-3, 1 RBI) led the Bulldogs in game two with two hits.
• Van't Land (1-for-3) finished the game with a hit and a team-leading two RBIs.
• Rebecca Neal (Waterford Twp., Mich.) (W, 6-7) added her sixth win of the season while adding another complete game to her season stats. She held the Britons to only two hits while striking out five.
• Loren Vail (Belleville, Mich.) got the start in the circle for Adrian in game two. She allowed seven hits, four runs, and struck out one Briton.
• Neal (W, 7-7) pitched 3.0 innings in relief and picked up the win for the Bulldogs. She allowed three hits and struck out two.
• Lauren Beougher and Eryn VanderVlucht each tallied a hit for the Britons.
• Four Albion bats totaled two hits in the game. Lauren Beougher and Brianna Charron each tallied two RBIs.
• VanderVlucht (L, 4-13) pitched all seven innings and allowed six hits, two runs (1 ER), and struck out three.
• Brianna Charron (L, 4-7) pitched 6.0 innings and allowed seven hits, and six runs (3 ER).
Adrian travels to face Ohio Wesleyan in a doubleheader with game one set to begin at 3:30 p.m., ET.