KALAMAZOO, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team improved its Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association record to 3-1 after defeating Kalamazoo on the road in three straight sets (25-15, 27-25, 25-16).
Final Score: Kalamazoo 0, Adrian 3 (25-15, 27-25, 25-16)
Location: Kalamazoo, Mich. (Anderson Athletic Center)
Records: Kalamazoo (3-9, 1-4), Adrian (7-5, 3-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian came out to take a 1-0 lead over Kalamazoo by winning the first set 25-15. The Bulldogs recorded a hitting percentage of .318.
• The Hornets battled back in the second set, keeping the score close. However, Adrian was able to escape with the 2-0 lead due in large part to their highest hitting percentage of the night (.343).
• The Bulldogs finished off Kalamazoo in the third set, winning 25-16 to seal the victory.
• This was the first match of the season that Adrian hit above .300 in every set
• Margo Joubran tallied her fifth double double of the season with 17 kills, a match high, and 10 digs.
• Cassadine Reed also helped Joubran offensively with 10 kills, her second highest total of the season.
• The offense was paced by Marisa Dion. She recorded 40 assists in the match.
• Shelby Suseland led the Hornets with nine kills. Maria Katrantzi and Sidney Wall each had seven kills.
• Paige Johnson helped the offense with 18 assists. Kaiya Herman-Hilker also tallied 10 assists.
• Dana DeVito led defensively with 13 digs.
• The Bulldogs return home on Friday, September 23 for a homecoming match against MIAA foe Alma. The match is scheduled for a 6:30 p.m., start.