GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team forced a fifth set against No. 7 Hope for the first time since 2006, however the Flying Dutch pulled out the victory with a 15-7 win in the deciding set (25-16, 11-25, 23-25, 25-23, 7-15).
Final Score: Hope 3, Adrian 2
Location: Grand Rapids, Mich. (DeVos Fieldhouse)
Records: Hope (13-1, 6-0), Adrian (8-6, 4-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian jumped out to a quick lead, winning the first set 25-16, but Hope would rally back to win the next two sets 25-11 and 25-23.
• The Bulldogs forced a decisive fifth set with a 25-23 win in the fourth set.
• The Flying Dutch would seal the victory with a 15-7 win in the fifth to remain undefeated in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play.
• The win today puts the Flying Dutch's win streak over Adrian at 19 straight. The Bulldogs have won five total sets against Hope during the streak including the two won today.
• Margo Joubran and Olivia Welch led Adrian by each recording a double double for the match. Joubran had 19 kills and 17 digs; Welch had 10 kills and 19 digs. Joubran now has her sixth double double on the year; Welch recorded her fourth.
• Welch tallied one service ace putting her 12 aces away from tying the 20th-best single-season mark in school history.
• Marisa Dion tallied 41 assists for the match to pace the Bulldog offense. She also tallied two kills.
• Haley Mellon led defensively with a team-high 20 digs.
• Cassadine Redd had a match-high six block attempts. The senior front-line player also had three solo blocks.
• Sarah Feldpausch (18 kills), Courtney Van Houzen (15 kills) and Katie Rietberg (13 kills) led the Flying Dutch offense.
• Sophia Hackett paced the offense with 50 assists.
• Alexis Thompson (26 digs) and Feldpausch (22 digs) led defensively.
• Adrian will look to bounce back on Wednesday, September 28 when the team travels to fave Olivet at 6:30 p.m.