OLIVET, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team earned its third sweep in the last four matches when it defeated Olivet on Wednesday night at the Cutler Event Center in Olivet, Michigan (25-22, 25-22, 25-22). The win gives the Bulldogs a 9-6 overall record and a 5-2 mark in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Olivet 0 (25-22, 25-22, 25-22)
Location: Olivet, Michigan (Cutler Even Center)
Records: Adrian (9-6, 5-2), Olivet (6-9, 2-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead by winning the first set 25-22. The Bulldogs had a team hitting percentage of .132 in the victory.
• Adrian would put the Comets on the ropes by winning the second set by the same score as the first.
• The Bulldogs would put Olivet away, winning the third set by the score of 25-22.
• Adrian had hitting percentages of .132, .098 and .115, it's the 12th time this season the Bulldogs have had a positive hitting percentage in every set of a match (Adrian is 9-3 when hitting in the positive in all sets).
• Margo Joubran led the offense tied for a match-high 13 kills. She was the only Bulldog to record double digit kills in the match. She also tallied nine digs to help out on the defensive side of the ball.
• Marisa Dion, as she has done all season, paced the Adrian offense with 30 assists. She also contributed on defense with a team-high 14 digs to earn her third double-double of the season.
• Olivia Welch scored two service aces to put her 10 away from tying the 10th-best single-season in school history.
• Haley Mellon and Welch also helped out defensively with 13 digs each.
• Cassadine Reed had a team-high four block assists.
• Allison Turner (13 kills) and Madelyn Notenbaum (12 kills) led the Comet offense
• Danielle Bearden and Notenbaum helped set the tone for the Olivet offense with 21 and 20 assists respectively.
• Four Comets recorded double digit digs: Hinamanu (19), Courtney Cronkright (17), Gabrielle Mundt (12) and Notenbaum (10).
• Despite the loss, Notenbaum was the only player in the match to record a triple-double.
• Adrian returns home to face Albion on Tuesday, October 4 at 6:30 p.m.