ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team rallied back from a nine point deficit in the fourth set to put the Britons away 3-1 on Tuesday night in the Merillat Sports and Fitness Center.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Olivet 1 (11-25, 25-20, 25-13, 29-27)
Location: Adrian College (MSFC)
Records: Adrian (10-6, 6-2), Albion (11-8, 2-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian came out flat, dropping the first set to Albion 25-11. The Bulldogs had a team hitting percentage of -.083 versus Albion's .414.
• The Bulldogs would battle back to take the next two sets from the Britons, 25-20 and 25-13. Adrian improved the team hitting percentage in sets two (.175) and three (.344) while shutting down the Briton's attack by forcing low hitting percentages (-.023, .029).
• Albion would make things interesting in the fourth set, building a nine point lead, 20-11, and making it appear as though the game were heading to a fifth and final set. However, Adrian fought back scoring five straight points to cut the lead to four points before eventually tying the set before finishing it 29-27.
• Olivia Welch and Margo Joubran each tallied a double-double to lead the Bulldogs in the victory. Welch had 12 kills and 20 digs. Joubran had 11 kills and 14 digs. Welch's 20 digs was a season-high for her.
• Welch also tallied four service aces to bring her season total to 29, just six away from tying the 10th-best season in school history.
• The Adrian offense was paced by Marisa Dion who registered 36 assists. She also tallied three kiss and six digs.
• Lauren Outwater led the Britons offensively with 11 kills.
• Ami Milligan had 39 assists to set the tone for the offense.
• Monica Shuk tallied 29 digs.
• Adrian travels to Angola, Indiana to face Trine on Friday, October 7 at 6:30 p.m.