ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team improved to 12-8 after a 3-1 victory over Defiance on Friday night.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Defiance 1 (25-16, 24-26, 25-14, 25-19)
Location: Adrian, Mich. (MSFC)
Records: Adrian (12-8, 7-3 MIAA), Defiance (6-12, 2-2 HCAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian came out and took a quick 1-0 lead by winning the first set 25-16. The team had a hitting percentage of .241 for the set while holding Defiance to a .061 team hitting percentage.
• The Yellow Jackets rallied back, taking the second set 26-24. Defiance improved its hitting percentage dramatically from the first set, hitting .317 in the second (the best percentage of the night).
• Following the second set, the Bulldogs would take over, winning set three 25-14 while hitting a match-high .333.
• Adrian would close out the Yellow Jackets by winning the fourth set 25-19 while maintaining a hitting percentage over .300 (.310).
• Margo Joubran scored her 10th double-double of the season with a team-high 20 kills and 14 digs. She also tied a season-high four aces in the match.
• Marisa Dion paced the offense with a match-high 38 assists.
• Haley Mellon led the defense with 17 digs while also tallying a career season-high six service aces bringing her season total to 18. Her 18 aces tie a career-high for her in that category.
• Olivia Welch contributed seven kills, two service aces, and eight digs. Her two aces bring her season total to 36 giving her sole possession of the 10th-best single season in school history.
• Cassadine Reed recorded 10 kills, five block assists and four digs on the night.
• Emma Seitz had a team-high 15 kills.
• Jessica Davis set the tone offensively with 30 assists.
• Makayla Dennis (18 digs) and Jaidyn Patridge (13 digs) led defensively.
• The Bulldogs continue a weekend slate of matches against Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference opponents when they travel to Manchester for a tri-match on Saturday. Adrian will face Mt. St. Joseph at 3:00 p.m. and end the day with a match against Manchester at 5:00 p.m.