MANCHESTER, Ind. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team split at the tri-match hosted by Manchester. The Bulldogs opened their day with a match against Mount St. Joseph. The Lions won the match 3-1 (29-27, 20-25, 25-23, 25-18). Adrian would conclude the day with a victory over host Manchester in three straight sets (25-21, 25-22, 25-14).
Final Scores: Mt. St. Joseph 3, Adrian 1; Adrian 3, Manchester 0
Location: North Manchester, Indiana (Stauffer-Wolfe)
Records: Adrian (13-9), Mt. St. Joseph (10-15), Manchester (12-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game One: Mt. St. Joseph 3, Adrian 1
• The Lions jumped out to a 1-0 lead after winning the first set 29-27.
• Adrian would rally to tie to set score up 1-1, winning the second 25-20. The Bulldogs held Mt. St. Joseph to a .000 hitting percentage in the set.
• The Lions would take the next two sets to close out the match while holding the Bulldogs to hitting percentages of .111 and -.062 for the final two sets.
• Marisa Dion paced the Bulldog offense with 37 assists.
• Haley Mellon tied her season-high in digs with 30 for the match.
• Cassadine Reed tallied four block assists.
• Three Lions had double digit kills: Jessica Wilgenbusch had a double-double with 13 kills and 15 digs, Cailey Plemmons had 12 kills and Briana Looney had 10.
• Lynsee Spatz set the tone offensively for Mt. St. Joseph with 40 assists.
• Kama Charles led defensively with 17 digs. Sydney Wilzbach totaled 10 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game Two: Adrian 3, Manchester 0
• Adrian totaled hitting percentages of .278, .326 and .333 in a three set sweep of the Spartans (25-21, 25-22, 25-14).
• Joubran led the offense with 13 kills. Jenai White tallied nine kills while Welch and Reed recorded eight kills each.
• Dion tallied another 38 assists to bring her total for the day to 75.
• Mellon added 21 digs to her total for the day (51).
• Courtney Chowning led the Manchester offense with 10 kills.
• Dakota Stanichuk paced the Spartan offense with 27 assists.
• Anna Marie Lawrie had 12 digs for the defense.
• Adrian will return home to continue MIAA play, hosting the defending MIAA champion and NO. 1 ranked Calvin Knights 6:30 p.m., on Tuesday, October 18.