ADRIAN, Mich. - The Bulldogs were held to hitting percentages of .024, -.071 and .000 in a 3-0 loss at the hands of the No. 1 team in the nation, Calvin (21-25, 18-25, 16-25).
Final Score: Calvin 3, Adrian 0 (25-21, 25-18, 25-16)
Location: Adrian, Mich. (MSFC)
Records: Adrian (13-10, 7-4), Calvin (22-0, 12-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian kept the first set score close, but the Knights would pull out the 25-21 to take a 1-0 lead. Calvin's hitting percentage was .179, the lowest of the match, in set one. The Bulldogs had a hitting percentage of .024, the highest of the match.
• The Knights would take the next two sets by scores of 25-18 and 25-16 to maintain their 22-0 undefeated record.
• Margo Joubran led the Bulldog offense with seven kills, bringing her season total to 301 (her career high). She also contributed six digs and a match-high two service aces.
• Cassadine Reed tallied six kills, one dig, and three block assists.
• Marisa Dion added 16 assists to put her season total to 784, a career high. Her career assist total is now 2,006, third-highest in school history for a career.
• Haley Mellon led defensively with 13 digs. She increased her career-high season total to 402, bringing her career total to 1,040, sixth-best in school history for a career.
• Anna Kamp (13 kills), Tessa Van Laare (12 kills) and Laura Danhoff (10 kills) led the Knight offense.
• Jenna Lodewyk paced Calvin with 33 assists.
• Keilahna Castillo set the tone defensively with 16 digs.
• The win keeps Calvin firmly on top of the conference standings with a 12-0 record in MIAA play.
• With the loss, the Bulldogs sit tied for third with St. Mary's at 7-4 in league play.
• Adrian will look to bounce back and reclaim sole possession of third place in the MIAA standings this Friday, October 21 when Kalamazoo makes the trip to face the Bulldogs.