ALMA, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team suffered a setback on Saturday afternoon with a 3-1 loss at Alma (20-25, 25-21, 21-25, 18-25).
Final Score: Alma 3, Adrian 1 (25-20, 21-25, 25-21, 25-18).
Location: Alma, Michigan (Art Smith Arena)
Records: Adrian (14-11, 8-5), Alma (12-13, 7-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Alma jumped out to a 1-0 lead winning the opening set 25-20.
• Adrian rallied to tie the score at one set each with a 25-21 win in the second set.
• The Scots would win the third and the fourth set to close out the match and earn the victory.
• Margo Joubran led the Bulldogs with 13 kills and 20 digs.
• Cassadine Reed also contributed on offense with 12 kills and tied a match-high six block assists.
• Marisa Dion paced the Adrian offense with 31 assists and one service ace.
• Sasha Laykova (13 kills), Madison Smith (13 kills) and Dakota Pelach (10 kills) led the Alma offense.
• Pelach also led the team in assists with 23. Maressa Miller contributed 18 assists.
• Georgia Miller, Laykova and Molly Lark each led the defense with 20, 11 and 10 digs in the match.
• Madison Smith had a team-high six block assists.
• With the loss the Bulldogs fall to 8-5 in conference play and are tied for third in the MIAA Standings with St. Mary's (lost 3-0 to Hope).
• The Scots improve to 7-7 with the win and are now in sole possession of fifth place.
• Adrian will remain at home to host Hope on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.