ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball played No. 11 Hope tough, falling in the fifth and final set 15-11.
Final Score: Hope 3, Adrian 2 (23-25, 25-19, 22-25, 25-12, 15-11).
Location: Adrian, Mich. (MSFC)
Record: Hope (22-4, 12-2), Adrian (14-12, 8-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Both teams would trade set wins with Adrian jumping out to a 1-0 lead, winning the first set 25-23.
• Hope would rally, taking the second set 25-19 to knot the score up, 1-1.
• The Bulldogs would take the 2-1 lead after winning the third set 25-22.
• The Flying Dutch would put the match away winning the fourth and fifth sets, 25-12, and 15-11.
• Cassadine Reed tallied nine kills and a match-high seven block assists.
• Jenai White contributed five kills and four block assists to the cause.
• Marisa Dion registered 39 assists to pace the Adrian offense.
• Haley Mellon had 21 digs and one assist.
• Katie Rietberg (16 kills), Vanessa Reynhout (15 kills) and Courtney Van Houzen (14 kills) led the Hope offense.
• Sophia Hackett had a match-high 55 assists. She also tallied 13 digs.
• Alexis Thompson had a match-high 31 digs.
• With the win, the Flying Dutch remain in the second spot in the MIAA standings with a 12-2 conference record.
• With the loss and the St. Mary's win over Olivet, the Bulldogs (8-6, MIAA) fall to the fourth spot in the league standings and are now one game back from the Belles (9-5, MIAA) in third.
• Adrian remains home to host Olivet this Friday, October 28 a 6:30 p.m. The match is Senior Night (the senior recognition ceremony will take place following the end of the varsity match).