ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team rolled the Olivet College Comets in three straight sets on Senior Night. The Bulldogs had hitting percentages of .333, 0.19 and .424 in the victory.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Olivet 0 (25-16, 25-23, 25-22)
Location: Adrian, Mich. (MSFC)
Records: Adrian (15-12, 9-6), Olivet (13-15, 4-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead with a 25-16 set one victory.
• The Comets kept it close in the second, but the Bulldogs were able to hold on to increase their lead 2-0 with a 25-23 win in the set.
• Much like the second set, Olivet kept it close in the third set. Adrian was able to eek out a close win, 25-22, to put the match away.
• Cassadine Reed was the third Bulldog to have double-digit kills, 11, in the match. She also had a match-high six block assists.
• Marisa Dion recorded 41 assists and 11 digs for her sixth double-double of the season.
• Haley Mellon tallied 12 digs in the match.
• Allison Turner had a team-high 14 kills.
• Madelyn Notenbaum (19 assists) and Danielle Bearden (14 assists) paced the Comet offense. Notenbaum also contributed on defense with 11 digs.
• Courtney Cronkright had 11 digs to help the Comets defensively and also had a team-high three block assists along with teammate Brittney Prince.
• The win puts the Bulldogs back into a tie with St. Mary's for third in the league standings with a 9-6 record. With a win tomorrow and a St. Mary's loss, both teams would finish the regular season with a 10-6 conference record. Based on the league tiebreakers, Adrian would be the three seed and St. Mary's the four in the MIAA tournament.
• Adrian travels to face Albion tomorrow (Oct. 29) for the final match of the regular season. The match is scheduled for a 5:00 p.m., start.