GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team fell at Calvin 3-1 in the semifinal round of the MIAA Tournament on Friday night in Van Noord Arena.
Final Score: Calvin 3, Adrian 1 (23-25, 25-17, 25-11, 25-17)
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Van Noord Arena)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Calvin jumped out to a 7-2 lead in the first set, but the Bulldogs battled back to tie the score at 10 all. The Bulldogs would eventually take the lead from the Knights, 18-17 and eventually the set, 25-23 for a 1-0 lead over top-ranked Calvin.
• The Knights would lead the entire second set, winning 25-17 to tie the score up at one set each.
• The Bulldogs scored the first two points of the fourth set, but Calvin would score the next four to take a 4-2 lead. Adrian would tie the set up, 4-4 before the Knights would take over, winning the set 25-11 to take a two sets to one lead over the Bulldogs.
• First Team All-MIAA selection, Margo Joubran led the Bulldog offense with nine kills. She also recorded 18 digs.
• Marisa Dion paced the Adrian attack with 26 assists.
• Haley Mellon was the defensive leader for the Bulldogs with 20 digs.
• Tessa Van Laare, Laura Danhoff and Sarah DeVries had 15, 13 and 12 kills to lead Calvin.
• Jenna Lodewyk tallied 43 assists.
• Keilahna Castillo contributed 27 digs to lead the defense.
• With the win, Calvin advances to the Championship round to face Hope tomorrow at 6:00 p.m., in Van Noord Arena on the campus of Calvin.