HOLLAND, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team lost to Ohio Wesleyan in five sets on Friday. Olivia Welch led the Bulldog attack with 22 kills. She also contributed on defense with 21 digs.
Final Score: Ohio Wesleyan 3, Adrian 2 (25-22, 20-25, 16-25, 25-18, 15-7)
Location: Holland, Michigan (DeVos Fieldhouse)
Records: Ohio Wesleyan (12-4), Adrian (4-15)
HOW IT HAPPENED
OWU took a 1-0 lead after winning set one 25-22. Adrian would battle back to tie the match with a five-point win in the second set before taking the lead, 2-1, in a 25-16 set three victory.
The Battling Bishops rallied to force a fifth set with a 25-18 win in the fourth. Ohio Wesleyan built an early lead in the fifth set that helped propel the team to the 3-2 match decision.
• Welch tallied her second double-double of the season with her 22 kills and 21 digs. Her kill total is also a season high.
• Jenai White contributed 20 kills to help the Bulldogs offensively.
• Liz Susitko had 42 assists in the match to pace the Adrian attack. She was also a factor on defense, tallying 10 digs.
• Haley Mellon led the defense with 28 digs while also helping out offensively by recording three assists.
• Haley Ashton had 12 digs and three assists in the match as well.
• Iris Anderson and Jordan Brandt led the Bishops with 13 kills each.
• Molly Jewett set the tone offensively with a match-high 43 assists.
• Meghan Schwallie and Anderson led the defense with 20 digs.
The Bulldogs play two matches tomorrow for the second day of the Midwest Invitational hosted by Hope College. Adrian will face Millikin at 11:00 a.m., ET, before finishing off the day in a battle against Kean at 1:00 p.m.