HOLLAND, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team lost the first game against No. 14 Millikin in three straight sets before defeating Kean in three straight sets in game two. Olivia Welch led the Bulldogs on the day with 15 kills on the day and was the only Bulldog represented on the Midwest Invitational All-Tournament team.
Final Scores: Millikin 3, Adrian 0 (25-12, 25-19, 25-15) / Adrian 3, Kean 0 (25-18, 25-16, 25-22)
Location: Holland, Michigan (DeVos Fieldhouse)
Record: Adrian (5-16)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian only led once in three sets against Millikin in a match that saw the Bulldogs defeated in three straight sets. Adrian had team hitting percentages of .000, .111, and .045 in the losing effort.
The Bulldogs rebounded in game two, beating Kean in three straight sets. Adrian did not trail in the first two sets as the Bulldogs jumped out to a 2-0 lead. Kean lead through the first part of the third set before Adrian took over and was able to put the match away in set three.
• Welch led Adrian in both matches with fsix kills against Millikin and nine kills against Kean. She also had a team-high 15 digs in game two.
• Liz Susitko had 30 assists in the two matches to set the pace of the offense for the Bulldogs.
• Haley Ashton led the defensive effort with 29 digs on the day.
• Susitko also tallied 26 total digs between the two matches.
• Millikin was led by Emily Seegmiller with 10 kills, Emily Mihalkanin with 32 assists, Meredith Artime, and Erin Syverson with 13 digs.
• Kean leaders were Sara Ridgway with eight kills, Brianna Calvano with 14 assists, and Kortnee Nelson with 14 digs.
Adrian returns to conference play on Tuesday, October 17, when the team travels to Albion for a 6:30 p.m., ET, MIAA showdown.