ALMA, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team end the regular season on a high note, winning on the road against Alma 3-2. Haley Mellon led the defensive effort with a team-high 30 digs in the match.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Alma 2 (25-21, 19-25, 25-22, 18-25, 15-7)
Location: Alma, Michigan (Art Smith Arena)
Records: Adrian (7-20, 6-10 MIAA), Alma (8-16, 5-11 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian rallied from a four-point deficit, 13-9, to tie the first set at 14 before building a five-point lead and gaining the 1-0 set score lead.
The Scots were the ones to rally in the second set and eventually evened up the match with a 25-19 set two win.
The third set was a back and forth affair, but the Bulldogs scored three straight points to take the set 25-22 and gain the 2-1 set score advantage.
Adrian led early in the fourth before Alma pulled away and forced a fifth and final set after a 25-18 win.
In the fifth, the Scots jumped out to a quick 4-0 lead, but the Bulldogs would knot things up with a four-point run of their own. Adrian jumped out to an 8-5 lead and never looked back, taking the set and the match with a 15-7 win.
• Grace Welch led the Bulldog attack with eight kills.
• Madison Federmeyer helped with six kills in the match.
• Samantha Henwood paced the Adrian offense with 16 assists.
• Liz Susitko also helped the offense with 13 assists.
• Mellon added one assist to her team-leading 30 digs.
• Georgia Miller led the Scots with 11 kills.
• Kara Muxlow also helped the Alma attack with 10 kills.
• Dakota Pelach set the tone offensively with 20 assists.
• Haley Novak also tallied 19 assists.
• Pelach also led the Comets with 21 digs.
• Brooke Mason helped defensively with 20 digs.
SEASON WRAP UP
With the win, Adrian finishes the regular season with a win and improves to 7-20 overall and 6-10 in the MIAA.