ALBION, Mich. – The Adrian College women's volleyball team defeated Capital University on Saturday, Sep. 22 as part of the Albion Triangular.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Capital 0 (25-22, 25-20, 25-14)
Location: Albion, Mich. (Kresge Gymnasium)
Records: Adrian 7-7 (1-1 MIAA), Capital 0-12 (0-0 OAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian jumped out to a quick 8-1 lead in the first set but Capital was able to climb back into the set and ended up taking the lead halfway through. But the Bulldogs didn't quit and won seven straight points to win the set 25-22.
The second set was more back-and-forth, with five points being the largest lead in the set. Once again, Adrian was able to come from behind in the set to win, taking the second set by a score of 25-20.
The third set was all Adrian. After losing the first two points, the Black and Gold won nine straight and never looked back, winning the set 25-14 for the three-set win.
• Sophomore Grace Welch led the Bulldogs in kills with seven.
• Sophomore Liz Susitko was Adrian's leader in assists and digs, finishing with 19 helpers and 15 digs.
• Junior Megan Prsa added nine digs and led the team with three service aces.
• Olivia Hale led Albion in kills with six.
• Jenay Kocsis led the Crusaders in assists with 12.
• Capital's defense was led Hale and Koryne VanScoy with 14 digs each.
The Bulldogs will return home to host St. Mary's in conference play on Wednesday, Sep. 26 at 7 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs